6.06.2011

I've always wanted to be a secret agent!

Seriously. When I was anywhere from 7-12 years old, my friends and I would always pretend to be spies...usually spying on my parents (never letting them see us, of course) and writing down "clues" in a secret language in our notebooks, then running back to our secret hideout (usually a closet) and discuss what we observed.

That dream has passed, and I've moved on to different things. I still think it would be cool to work for the FBI though.

But do I already?

Obvious answer: no.

Surprising answer: Sometimes I act like it.

But not for the federal government. Nope, I'm undercover for Jesus!

Seriously, Katie?

...Yes. It's a new idea that God revealed to me that I am so ashamed of. I think I, and a lot of other Christians, act like I'm an undercover agent for Jesus much of the time. My real identity is Katie, the Jesus-follower, but aside from revealing my true self at Secret Agent HQ (church), I'm undercover, trying to blend in with the world, and hoping they all think I'm normal, making great efforts not to reveal my true identity.

Okay, obviously, it's not that drastic. I don't intentionally try to hide the fact that I'm a Christian or purposely blend in with the world. But I think we get on the verge of that sometimes.

The truth is, we were never, ever, ever meant to be undercover for Jesus. We are meant to be obvious, conspicuous, totally noticeable flames in a world of darkness. We were not made to blend in with the darkness. The world is full of grimy, ungodly things: do we really even want to be like it?....I don't. And truthfully, I don't think the world needs anymore grime and slime in it. It needs light. We are the light.

We only have one chance to live in this world, with the people around us, in the situations we're in. So I propose that we shine as hard as we can. Take risks, Jesus is worth it. (They say that faith is spelled R-I-S-K.) Live out LOUD. We have so much freedom given to us by God and our country, and I think we need to take advantage of it. Don't be a secret agent.

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is AMEN! to all you said. You're right on. Fantastic post Katers! Wow. Post of the month. Awesome. :)-Jac

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant. Thanks Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more. This is something everyone needs to hear, especially me. You and I are on the same page here. Thanks Katie! I love it!

    ReplyDelete