2.12.2011

Outside of Ordinary

I don't think there's such a thing as an ordinary person.

Have you ever seen a snowflake? I haven't, not that I remember, because I think there's a curse over Houston that says it can never snow here.

...but that's a different story.

Anyways, it's said that no two snowflakes are the same. Yet, unless you look closely at one...you would think they're all the same. I think it's the same case with people. People generally look at least something like each other...but when you look at who they are, they're all different. And when you really stop to think about it, is there anyone exactly like you?

A quote I recently heard that I loved is from Dr. Seuss..."There's no one you-er than you." When you stop and think about it, it's so true. There's no one better at being you, than...you. If you're looking for something that you're better at everyone else in, here's something. You're the best at being you!

I think God loves variety. He didn't have to create hundreds of tree species or thousands of different galaxies, but He did. In the same way, He didn't HAVE to create billions of people, all unique, all with their own special sets of talents and personality traits...but He did.

In the end, you're extraordinary. I've always been confused about that word, because it's like, doesn't "extraordinary" just mean "more ordinary"?

Um..no.

"Extraordinary", in my opinion, literally means outside of the ordinary. It's like in debate, when you say a plan is extra-topical. You're saying that the plan is outside of the resolution. So, I think extraordinary is being "outside" of ordinary.

So today, just take joy in being you. Because there is no one you-er than you!

2 comments: