7.23.2011

So I know this really cool guy...

God is really cool. Like, seriously. And He really doesn't get a lot of credit for it.

You know what I think sometimes we forget? We forget that God isn't like us. Ha. That's a wonderful thing.

What I mean by that is, God isn't as fickle as people are. He's not going to abandon us for others. He doesn't play favorites. He won't love us one day and ignore us the next. He's never going to pull the rug out from under us or throw us under the bus, if you will.

You probably already knew all those things. I did too. But sometimes that doesn't really play out in our lives. My question: if we know that God is all these amazing things, why don't we trust Him more?

Okay. If you're anything like me, at this point, in the back of your mind, you're like, "Psh. I trust Him. Maybe other people have trouble with that..but not me."

I get that, because that's what I would normally say. But we have to wrap our minds around the fact that every time we worry, we're not trusting God. And I mean every time.

George Whitefield once wrote, "I fear upon examination, we should find that most of you have not so much faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as the devil himself. I am persuaded that the devil believes more of the Bible than we do. He believes the divinity of Jesus Christ...nay, he believes and trembles, and that is more than thousands among us do."

Does that stand out to you as much as it does to me? The devil trembles. And he doesn't even like Jesus. Jesus isn't even on Satan's side. So how much more should we tremble when we think of His power, and even better...His providence?

The truth is, God wants to (and does) take care of us a lot more than we let Him, or expect Him to. In every circumstance, He will provide. A lot of times, we say that God is interested in the small things just as much as the big things...but we don't realize how small. Seriously. He cares about every single, tiny detail in our lives, and if we just trust Him with it, He'll take care of everything. Trust me, when you're worrying about something, it's a lot easier to give it to Him than worrying about it yourself.

In the end, God does a lot more than we give Him credit for. But you know what's great? He loves doing it. He truly loves taking care of His kids. And that makes Him pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. God is the only thing that will ALWAYS be there for us!

    Like, seriously. One time, we were out of Ramen! >.<

    ReplyDelete