3.10.2012

A person's a person no matter how small.

Why do I always have the need to blog when I feel a rant coming on? Maybe because blogging is just a way to get my thoughts out, or maybe it's because I feel like you need to know about whatever I'm angry about too. Anyway..I really don't want to rant right now, I want to pray.

Right now I'm writing a speech on a former abortion clinic director, and so I'm having to lightly research abortion, and I'm like..Seriously? How can so many people think this is an okay thing? Just go on Planned Parenthood's official website and you'll see what I mean. They proudly announce that they provide services that are "safe and legal", services that respect your rights, and that abortions are actually only 3% of what goes on at the organization. In fact, if you want to know exactly what kinds of abortions that are available, they'll tell you in a nice, neat little section on their website, describing to you what will happen during the procedure, always with the comfort of you, the patient, in mind. All the while totally ignoring (or maybe not realizing) what's really happening. All the while realizing that there are two patients in that procedure - not just one. But only one will walk out of that room alive.

What is going on with our culture!? I think we can talk about how sinful and evil it all is all we want, but in the end, that's only half of it. The other half is this: our culture is blinded. God has given everyone a conscience, but when that conscience isn't listened to, it gets quieter and quieter, until finally, it can't be heard. These people who think this is right aren't just lying to themselves: in my opinion, they honestly believe that this is right. But they are blinded. Father, take our blinders off!

Lord, wake us up. Open the eyes of our culture, of our media, of our country. Send a revival of life over us!


No comments:

Post a Comment