9.02.2013

Summer 2013

Happy September!

Looking back on my last few posts, I realized that I really only posted one or two posts the whole summer..I usually don't like to use busyness as an excuse because it's usually not true for me, but I guess I was sort of busy the past few months? All I know is, they went by really quickly!

I really want to post more now that summer is done! I truly love this blog and I love writing out things that God is teaching me and hopefully encouraging you. As I've said before, I don't know who reads this, or if anyone does, but that's not the point. I do this because I love it. (Although if you do happen to read a post and are encouraged by it, do tell me. ;)

Anyway, I found my post last summer where I made a list of all the things that made me smile in those few months. I don't like to post "personal" things too much, because honestly I'm afraid you might be bored, but I decided to do it again this year, if nothing else just to express my thankfulness for the things that happened this summer and to celebrate them. I encourage you to do this too, even if you don't post it anywhere.

Things That Made Me Smile in Summer 2013:
-beautiful blue skies
-our ridiculously adorable new dog
-my parents
-the Lord's presence (so many times!)
-time to rest
-the precision of God's word to my life
-awesome photography opportunities
-engaged people
-time with best friends
-deep conversations
-Lucky Charms
-being part of a team
-kids and their unrestrained personalities
-the Lord giving me super-sensitivity to His presence
-getting my license (fi.na.lly.)
-happy music
-making new friends of all ages
-going to Brazil and all that went with it
-God's grace
-birthday fun
-friends (all of them.)
And so much more!!

Wow. Well, I feel better already. Really..if you're ever doubting your blessings, make a list like this. It helps. This summer went by really quickly, but it was absolutely wonderful. Thank you Lord, for summer 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment